Thursday, October 11, 2007

Asperusual

I've got some things to say. Really quite random topics that make perfect sense to me. Here goes...

Currently playing: Azure Ray

I'm a proud user of last.fm. It pretty much means that any song I play on iTunes is scrobbed and updated to a program that keeps count of how many times I listen to a particular song, artist, cd..whatever. Honestly, as of 10:12 pm I've scrobbed 2,140 songs, and I've had my computer since the beginning of August. I'd be kidding myself if I said that music wasn't a huge part of my life. It really is something that I can't live without, and it's something that continues to amaze me. Rediscovering songs and artists that I haven't heard in awhile, finding new bands to listen to, going to shows...ahh it's just a rush. I can't explain. And figuring out the meaning behind songs....good songs, songs that bring out 20 different emotions at once...absolutely amazing.

From music to movies. Honestly, movies aren't what they used to be. I guess it's because I like that classics. Breakfast at Tiffanys, Rebel Without a Cause. The Audrey Hepburns and the James Deans. They define classic American cinema at it's best. And here we sit trying to indie-ize everything because that's what the American public wants right now. Indie everything. Well fuck indie and get back to basics. I just want to see a movie that has a beginning, a middle and an end. No complications and easy to follow. If I'm watching a movie and get lost in the "super thick and oh so suspenseful plot' in the first five minutes well then just fuck it I'm done. Maybe it's because I'm simple and easily amused? Or maybe I just like things straightforward and to the point. Whatever it happens to be, just give me a movie that is complex enough but doesn't leave me feeling lost and decieved at the end. Geeze um.

So here I sit at my computer. Indian Style, glasses on, my Dartmouth hoodie and old sweats. Completely at home while being miles away from anything or anyone that remotely resembles what home really is. If you ask me I haven't changed but people would beg to differ, I know they do. The people that you know well don't think so, infact most of the times it seems like it's the other way around. To 'go home' for the weekend means going back into territory that I don't own anymore, where I'm not the top of anything, I'm just the visitor with the key to unlock the front door. Almost like I'm interferring with everybody's plans when I get back? It's odd.

Okay. I'm done for now.

I think that I should start to write every day. But that'll never happen. Even if I wish that I would.

Currently playing: Mae
Tracks scrobbed: 2,171

Say anything, but
Say what you mean
When you whisper you want this
Your eyes tell the same
We are gaining speed
I can barely breathe
Cause I’m caught in suspension

No comments: